BENEFITS OF SPEECH & DEBATE
- 1. Critical thinking skills. Students involved in Speech & Debate develop higher-level thinking skills through application, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and creativity. They come to understand what they believe about the issues that confront them in our culture and why.
- 2. Increased problem-solving abilities and overall academic performance. Speech & Debate students score higher on standardized tests including the SAT, ACT, and AP.
- 3. Research skills. Speech & Debate students learn more about their world and the policies and value system that affect them and their communities as a whole.
- 4. Critical listening skills
- 5. Think quickly on their feet
- 6. Confidence under pressure
- 7. Present compelling responses to difficult questions
- 8. Best of all: Life-long friendships!